Your recipients need to be linked to a list in order to receive your newsletters.
You link the recipients to a list when you import, through copy and paste or via a file. Choose the list to send a newsletter to, if you want the contacts linked to that list to receive an email.
In this article, you will learn how to import contacts via a file. It doesn't matter if your contacts already are linked to a list.
Before you start
- The list that you want the contacts to subscribe to must already exist.
- Make sure that your file have separate columns for email address, first name and so on.Are you unsure? Read "Prepare your file for import".
- Contacts who are imported don't get a confirmation mail, so you'll need to verify that you have permission to email them.
- We will not import duplicates, we will add a subscription to the existing email address.
How to import contacts from a file
To upload your contacts to a list, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to "Contacts" > "Import Contacts".
- Choose to upload a file.
- Choose the list that you want your contacts to subscribe to.
- Upload the file that you wish to import.
- Connect the columns in your file to the right field for email address, name and so on.
- When you're finished, click on "Continue" to start the import.
When the import is finished you will get a notification with a summery of the import. You can also see all the new contacts if you navigate to "Contacts".
Prepare your file for import
To make sure that your file is ready for import, follow the steps below.
- Open your file in a spreadsheet program like Excel or Sheets.
- Make sure that the information in the file is separated by columns and has descriptive labels.
- If the information in the file is not separated, read this article.