An autoresponder helps you to send a newsletter automatically, at a specific time and order. For example, you can create a welcome email that will be sent to your recipients, as soon as they have signed up for your newsletter.
In this article, you will learn how to create an autoresponder.
Before you begin
- You create an autoresponder in the same way that you create a regular newsletter, but instead of "Send out a newsletter", you choose the alternative "Start autoresponder",.
- You can edit, pause or delete an autoresponder at any time("Mails" > "Autoresponder").
- Your autoresponder will be sent to new subscribers. Your contacts that already subscribes to the list will not receive the mail.
- Each autoresponder can be linked to one list. If you want to send the autoresponder to more than one list, generate copies of the autoresponder and link the different copies to each list.
- You can specify the time, days and hours – or combine them. You can only enter the time in whole numbers ( 2hours).
- If you put all the time fields to “0”, the autoresponder will be sent out as soon as the subscription has been confirmed.
Start an autoresponder
To start an autoresponder, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to "Mails" > "Drafts".
- Click on the name of the draft that you wish to start as an autoresponder.
- Click on "Send" and choose the alternative "Start autoresponder".
- Select a list.
- Fill in subject line and choose a sender.
- Choose when ( in days and hours ) the recipient should receive the autoresponder.
- When you're ready, click on "Start autoresponder".
Great Job - from now on, subscribers who confirm their subscription to the list will automatically receive the autoresponder.
You'll find all of your autoresponders under the tab "Mails" > "Autoresponder".